Simfoni is a leader in spend management. Our AI-powered intelligence solution and on-demand technology platform empowers procurement and finance teams around the world to achieve rapid cost savings and support supply-chain sustainability with automated procurement. At Simfoni, we are embarking on a period of rapid revenue growth, industry disruption, and the global expansion of capabilities and talent. We have a global footprint with offices in 3 key regions: USA, UK and UAE.
Based on our recent capital raise and stage of our growth, we have identified needs for corporate legal services in the US, UK and UAE. We do partner with a major law firm for large transactions including M&A, debt and capital raises. We are a mid-market growth company who isn’t ready to hire a GC or other in-house corporate legal resources. Simfoni’s global CFO is responsible for all aspects of corporate legal matters.
We are looking to partner with a professional attorney who can provide the necessary corporate legal services and do the following:
• Anticipate and guard the company against legal risks in contractual arrangements.
• Ensure the legality of commercial agreements and advise on legal rights and duties.
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on potential legal issues.
• Ensure compliance with legal regulations and rules.
These corporate legal services will be provided on a variable on-demand basis for the US and UK markets based on the following scope of work:
Key Vendor Contracts
• Review and redlines of master agreements, letter agreements and SOW’s.
• Examples include client delivery software and tools, corporate marketing services and technology, staffing services firms, outsourced providers, etc.
• Update our current Simfoni Legal Agreement templates and draft selected new templates
• Review the current templates, modify and draft updates and finalize for use.
• Examples include employment agreements, independent contractors, alliances/partnerships.
Legal Due Diligence Services
• We recently close a Series B capital raise and various legal diligence items and recommendations were identified during the process. These areas need to be evaluated and then executed.
• Identify, consult and handle appropriate compliance matters in accordance with legal regulations and rules in the US and UK.
• We are implementing a new internal process (SOP) requiring the internal corporate legal review of key contracts for all new vendors including redlines and final approval
• We want to reduce the legal contractual risks in key vendor agreements.
• We will utilize DocuSign to automate the upload, review, approval, and signing of these legal agreements. The CFO will sign all of these agreements.
Client Contractual Agreements (this will be Phase II of the scope)
• Review of client master and other agreements when they mandate use of their templates
• Simfoni “paper” – review and update client master templates
Fees/remuneration (e.g. hourly rates) will be mutually agreed based on the above scope of work and the experience level of the contractor.
• A professional attorney with experience with a reputable law firm
• Proven background and track record on corporate legal matters
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
• Analytical ability and very strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
• Computer proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• B.S. degree with J.D.