Software Engineer – Customer Support (L2)
Simfoni specializes in sourcing, procurement and supplier management software for indirect material spend. Our solutions approach is grounded in the belief that results come through a combination of intelligent technology, domain expertise and a deep understanding of client business objectives and challenges. Our technology is deployed for major customers in over 40 countries and across 240,000+ suppliers.
The role requires the developer to troubleshoot production issues. The candidate must have experience with mission critical large scale web applications. The position requires strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work closely with business analysts, Level 1 team, product teams, system administrators and architects.
• Troubleshooting production issues – Analyze, provide workaround, and permanent fix.
• Documentation (MS Word/PowerPoint, Jira, ZenDesk).
• Provides guidance to the users via email or Teams meetings.
• Helps with customer and site setup (adding power and key users, enabling languages, enabling modules, and so on).
• Internal knowledge transfer sessions.
• If needed escalate issues to the Development team as soon as possible.
• Respond to tickets in accordance with SLA guidelines.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (min. 3 years)
• 2-4 years of hands-on experience in production support activities
• Solid hands-on experience in creating SQL queries as needed for various situations
• SVN or GIT code repository experience
• Ability to work with test and operations teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues throughout the software life cycle
• Exposure and deep understanding of Services, Schedulers, Cron Jobs etc.
• Experience in full life-cycle software development including Agile
• Strong team player, with the innate ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships, adaptable to change
• Effective and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, results-oriented and data-driven
• Executing scripts on servers via command line
Additional requirements and skills:
• Good communication skills
• Highest level of ethics and integrity
• Ability and willingness to work out of working hours when needed
• Ability and willingness to work in a high-pressure environment
• Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment
• Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technology and software
• Experience in the Supply Chain domain is a plus.
Above all, we value aptitude and the willingness to learn.
|Job Category||Product & Engineering|
|Specialism||Engineering/ Customer Support|
|Reporting to||Head of Support|
|Base Location||Mexico based. This role is 100% remote work from home but may be required to be in a regional Simfoni office from time to time.|
|Travel and working hours||We operate with non-linear working hours to accommodate global time zones of clients and global Simfoni operations, but in line with the Company’s work-life balance objective the Company is committed to ensuring that employees achieve a reasonable balance. The role may require travel between regional Simfoni office locations.|